Sarah Christensen Fu - Resume and Services
Since the first days of the Babysitter's Club series and dial-up AOL chat rooms, I've been spreading the word about great books through social media. Here's a little more about my experience and education:
- 2012-Present Hey, Sarah! Owner/Consultant: Work with independent publishers, authors, and marketing teams of HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Rodale, and others.
- 2008-2012 Simon & Schuster: Digital Marketing Manager, Adult Titles.
- 2006-2008 Penguin Books: Online Content Coordinator.
- 2006-2008 MA, NYU - Media, Culture & Communication.
- 2008-2012 BA, CU-Denver - Communication and Ethics.
- 2006-2008 AA, Collins College - Visual Communication.
A picture can tell a story in a split-second. I earned my AA in Visual Communication in order to be a better storyteller.
From new online apps like Canva and Legend and Adobe Spark Post to the original Adobe Creative Suite, I am savvy with design software and will create memorable images that speak to your readers and cut through the noise.
Each social media channel has specific requirements and best practices. For example, Facebook may not show your image if it has too much text, whereas pins on Pinterest works best with large images and oversized text. Some designs support clicks through to a website, while others support sharing or incite comments.
Social Media Advertising
Whether we're measuring CTR, reach, engagement, video views, new conversations, new followers or any other social media advertising goal, a social media ads component is usually a vital part of a book campaign.
For each social media advertising campaign, it's vital to:
- Define a target audience (using core audiences, custom audiences, and lookalike audiences as available)
- Plan A/B testing into the ad campaign, and adjust your creative based on the results.
- Monitor results frequently to tweak and adjust as needed.
Social advertising opportunities:
Other advertising opportunities:
- Sidebar and banner ads
- Display network ads
- Google search ads
- YouTube ads
- Content syndication ads (Taboola and Outbrain)
I'm trained in FinalCut and iMovie, and love experimenting with new apps like Videoshop, Ripl, Instagram Stories. The first video I ever wrote, shot, and directed, The 10 Essential Penguin Classics, became a DVD that Penguin distributed (so proud!). I also starred in, directed, and edited the DVD that accompanied my Baby Sign Language book.
In addition to these DVD's, I've storyboarded, shot and edited videos for many clients. Here are a few!